High speed and enhanced performance have always been the two paramount goals of most developers and when React.js came along, it turned many heads for its feature range, and eventually, React.js almost became de facto for web development. Next.js is one of the most popular tools present in the React ecosystem and has managed to gather much popularity for its benefits. Lets try and understand what Next.js is and why it is a showstopper in the developer world.
Table of Contents
What is Next.js?
Let’s now discuss some of the fundamental benefits of using Next.js that make it a unique tool for developers.
What is Next.js Used For – Benefits of using Next.js
1.Server-Side Rendering (SSR)
Most React.js components that are used to design the user-face of the website are all mostly server-side rendered. Server-side rendering means that once the HTML is delivered to the user’s browser, there’s no need for anything else for the user to be able to read the content available on the page. Eventually, this leads to much-reduced loading time and websites appear to be much faster.
Next.js also provides benefits like static site regeneration which is another SEO-friendly feature to build websites and apps with advanced SEO. Developers who use just Next.js can just concentrate on building components and not worry about the environment in which the component is being rendered.
2. Improved Search Engine Optimization
3. Better performance of the designed website
4. Hot Module Replacement(HMR)
This feature might not be as useful for end users that use the application but is a crucial feature for developers designing the app. Hot Module Replacement is a feature that allows developers to continually see the changes as they are in the process of developing the application. Unlike the live reload methods followed traditionally, Hot Module Replacement will only reload the module that have actually been changed, hence reducing the time needed to see live changes in action. Talking about the perks this feature has for the clients using the application, Hot module replacement allows the development of apps in lesser time and with increased efficiencies.
5.Automatic code splitting in Next.js
There’s no doubt in the fact that Next.js has great potential to make web applications with enhanced SEO and interactive user interface. Next.js has been one of the most integral part of React ecosystem and has plethora of benefits for both the developers and users.
Primary benefits of Next.js can be summarized as-
- It has improved the performance of apps and websites which is in return led to faster running and optimized applications and websites.
- Next.js provides an enhanced development process which means that clients dealing with developers can now save up on time as well as cost.
- Lastly, Next.js has reached new heights when itr comes to enhancing search engine optimization for its websites. This means that websites created using Next.js are more indexable and SEO friendly.
Learn programming on codedamn
Codedamn is an interactive coding platform with tons of sweet programming courses that can help you land your first coding job. Here's how:
- Step 1 - Create a free account
- Step 2 - Browse the structured roadmaps (learning paths), or see all courses.
- Step 3 - Practice coding for free on codedamn playgrounds.
- Step 4 - Upgrade to a Pro membership account to unlock all courses and platforms.
Programming is one of the most in-demand jobs today. Learning to program can change your future. All the best!
Sharing is caring
Did you like what Vishnupriya wrote? Thank them for their work by sharing it on social media.