Keep Multiplying Found Values by Two
In this lab, you will implement a function that takes an array of integers
nums and an integer
original. The main goal of this lab is to find and multiply the given
original value by two each time it's found in the
nums array. You need to follow the steps below:
originalis found in
nums, multiply it by two (i.e., set
original = 2 * original).
- Otherwise, stop the process.
- Repeat this process with the new number as long as you keep finding the number.
The function should return the final value of
Input: nums = [5,3,6,1,12], original = 3 Output: 24 Explanation:
- 3 is found in nums. 3 is multiplied by 2 to obtain 6.
- 6 is found in nums. 6 is multiplied by 2 to obtain 12.
- 12 is found in nums. 12 is multiplied by 2 to obtain 24.
- 24 is not found in nums. Thus, 24 is returned.
Input: nums = [2,7,9], original = 4 Output: 4 Explanation:
- 4 is not found in nums. Thus, 4 is returned.
1 <= nums.length <= 1000
1 <= nums[i], original <= 1000
Lastly, make sure you export any function, variable, or class you create, so that they can be imported in the evaluation script for testing purposes.