Lemonade Change Lab
In this lab, you will be working on a problem related to a lemonade stand where each lemonade costs
$5. Customers are standing in a queue to buy from you and order one at a time (in the order specified by bills). Each customer will only buy one lemonade and pay with either a
$20 bill. Your task is to provide the correct change to each customer so that the net transaction is that the customer pays
At the beginning of the day, you have no change in hand. You are given an integer array
bills[i] is the bill the
ith customer pays. You need to return
true if you can provide every customer with the correct change, or
Input: bills = [5,5,5,10,20] Output: true
- From the first 3 customers, we collect three $5 bills in order.
- From the fourth customer, we collect a $10 bill and give back a $5.
- From the fifth customer, we give a $10 bill and a $5 bill.
- Since all customers got the correct change, we output true.
Input: bills = [5,5,10,10,20] Output: false
- From the first two customers in order, we collect two $5 bills.
- For the next two customers in order, we collect a $10 bill and give back a $5 bill.
- For the last customer, we cannot give the change of $15 back because we only have two $10 bills.
- Since not every customer received the correct change, the answer is false.
- Challenge 1: Write a function
lemonadeChange()that takes an array
billsas a parameter and returns a boolean value whether you can provide every customer with the correct change or not.
- Challenge 2: Export the